KC Scholars Scholarship Eligibility and Award Price Worth
KC Scholars is a scholarship program that was launched in 2016 to help students in the Kansas City region achieve their dreams of pursuing higher education. The program provides financial support to students who may not have the resources to pay for college on their own. KC Scholars aims to increase the number of students who earn a college degree or a technical certificate, and in turn, strengthen the local workforce and economy. In this article, we will discuss the eligibility criteria and award price worth of the KC Scholars scholarship program.
Eligibility Criteria for KC Scholars Scholarship
To be eligible for the KC Scholars scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Resident of the Kansas City region: Applicants must be a resident of one of the following counties in Missouri or Kansas: Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson, or Wyandotte.
- Income Eligibility: Applicants must come from a household with an annual income that is at or below 100% of the median income for the Kansas City region. For example, for the 2022-2023 academic year, the income limit for a family of four is $97,800.
- Age Eligibility: There are different eligibility requirements based on the applicant’s current education level.
- High School Seniors: Applicants must be a high school senior at the time of application and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students who are enrolled in alternative schools or have a GED are also eligible to apply.
- Adult Learners: Applicants must be at least 24 years old and have not earned a bachelor’s degree. Students must have a minimum of 12 college credit hours completed with a 2.5 GPA.
- College Transfers: Applicants must be currently enrolled at a community college and plan to transfer to a four-year institution in the Kansas City region. Students must have a minimum of 12 college credit hours completed with a 2.5 GPA.
- Educational goals: Applicants must have a plan to enroll in a postsecondary institution within the next 12 months, including community colleges, technical schools, and four-year colleges or universities.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
Selection Process for KC Scholars Scholarship
The selection process for KC Scholars scholarship is highly competitive. The selection committee reviews each application based on the eligibility criteria mentioned above and awards scholarships to the most deserving candidates.
The selection process includes several rounds of review, including a preliminary review of applications, a review of personal essays, letters of recommendation, and an evaluation of academic performance. Finalists may also be required to participate in an interview with the selection committee.
Award Price Worth of the KC Scholars Scholarship
The KC Scholars scholarship provides financial support for tuition, fees, and books for up to five years. The scholarship award amount varies based on the type of scholarship, and students can receive up to $50,000 to cover the cost of their education.
There are three types of scholarships available through KC Scholars:
- Traditional Scholarship: This scholarship is for high school seniors who plan to enroll in a full-time program at a four-year college or university. The scholarship provides up to $10,000 per year for up to five years.
- Adult Learner Scholarship: This scholarship is for adult learners who plan to enroll in a full-time or part-time program at a four-year college or university or an accredited technical school. The scholarship provides up to $5,000 per year for up to five years.
- College Transfer Scholarship: This scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled in a community college in the Kansas City region and plan to transfer to a four-year college or university. The scholarship provides up to $5,000 per year for up to three years.
In addition to the scholarship award, KC Scholars provides additional resources to help students succeed in college. Recipients of the scholarship have access to mentorship, advising, and academic support services throughout their college journey. Students are also encouraged to participate in community service and leadership development activities.
The KC Scholars scholarship is renewable for up to five years as long as the student meets the eligibility criteria and maintains satisfactory academic progress. Recipients of the scholarship are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and complete a certain number of credit hours each year to remain eligible for the scholarship.
How much do KC Scholars make?
KC Scholars is not a job or an employment opportunity. It is a scholarship program that provides financial support for students to pursue higher education. The scholarship award amount varies based on the type of scholarship and the student’s financial need, but recipients of the scholarship can receive up to $50,000 to cover the cost of their education. It is important to note that the scholarship award is not a salary or income and is intended to help cover the costs associated with attending college or a technical school.
How do I contact KC scholars?
If you need to contact KC Scholars, you can visit their official website at www.kcscholars.org. The website provides comprehensive information about the scholarship program, including eligibility requirements, application deadlines, and other important details.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, you can contact KC Scholars by email at email@example.com or by phone at (816) 581-5700. The KC Scholars team is available to assist applicants and recipients with any questions or concerns they may have about the scholarship program.
Additionally, KC Scholars has several social media accounts that you can follow for updates and information about the program. You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram under the handle @kcscholars.
The KC Scholars scholarship program is a valuable resource for students in the Kansas City region who are pursuing higher education. The program provides financial support to students who may not have the resources to pay for college on their own and aims to increase the number of students who earn a college degree or a technical certificate.
To be eligible for the KC Scholars scholarship, students must meet certain eligibility criteria, including income eligibility, age eligibility, educational goals, and citizenship. The selection process for the scholarship is highly competitive, and the scholarship award amount varies based on the type of scholarship.
Recipients of the KC Scholars scholarship have access to additional resources to help them succeed in college, including mentorship, advising, and academic support services. The scholarship is renewable for up to five years, as long as the student meets the eligibility criteria and maintains satisfactory academic progress.
Overall, the KC Scholars scholarship program is an excellent opportunity for students in the Kansas City region to achieve their dreams of pursuing higher education and building a better future for themselves and their communities.