Deadline: May 28, 2023
The Eira Davies Scholarship is an annual scholarship that is awarded to outstanding women from eligible developing countries who wish to pursue a program within Swansea University’s Faculty of Health and Life Sciences in the United Kingdom. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for a Master’s degree program.
The application deadline for the 2023 Eira Davies Scholarship is 11:59 pm (BST) on Sunday, May 28th, 2023. Applicants must be both a national and resident of an eligible developing country to be considered.
The eligible countries for the 2023 Eira Davies Scholarship are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Congo (Rep.), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt (Arab Rep.), El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Dem. Rep.), Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia (Fed. Sts.), Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria (Arab Rep.), Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen (Rep.), and Zimbabwe.
The number of scholarship recipients is not specified.
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the program of study. The duration of the program is determined by the length of the course or degree being pursued.
To be considered for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 2:1.
- Have received an offer to pursue an eligible full-time postgraduate taught Masters program within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University.
- Meet the English language proficiency standards outlined in their offer conditions and UKVI requirements.
- Be a female student.
- Be a new student to Swansea University.
- Demonstrate strong academic ability and financial need in their application.
- Be a national and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Country listed as ‘low-income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of July 1st, 2021, according to the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification.
To apply for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship, interested candidates can download the application form from the following link: Eira Francis Davies Scholarship Application Form.
For any further queries regarding the scholarship, applicants can email EFDScholarship@swansea.ac.uk.