What is the DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program?
DOST offers scholarships to eligible undergraduate students with an interest in pursuing careers in science and technology. The scholarships are accessible nationwide and cater to tuition and other associated expenses.
The DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarships aim to equip first-year students who exhibit a strong potential in the field of science and technology. Successful candidates are granted coverage for tuition and associated expenses, as well as a monthly allowance. Recipients also have the opportunity to gain valuable guidance from DOST engineers and scientists, providing them with exposure to some of the best minds in the field.
DOST is a Philippine government agency dedicated to formulating and coordinating science and technology projects. One of their initiatives is the scholarship program that supports students interested in science and technology careers. Additionally, they support innovative entrepreneurs and contribute to the advancement of science and technology in the country.
If you’re interested in learning more about DOST’s scholarship programs, you’re in the right place. We will guide you through the application process for their various programs, starting with the S&T Undergraduate Scholarships.
Criteria for DOST Scholarship Eligibility
The DOST scholarship initiative is accessible to science and technology-related courses for both high school graduates and college students. To qualify for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a Filipino citizen
- Attain a minimum of 85% grade point average in your high school or college transcripts
- Enroll in a science and technology-related course
- Not have received any other scholarship grant
- Exhibit good moral character
- Have a family income not exceeding Php 300,000 annually
What does Dost scholarship 2023 cover?
The scholarship provides several benefits, such as subsidies for tuition fees and other school fees, monthly stipends, allowances for learning materials and/or connectivity, uniform, transportation, thesis, graduation, and other related expenses.
How Can I Apply for a DOST Scholarship?
The DOST scholarship program application process involves the following steps:
- Check eligibility: Verify that you meet all of the eligibility requirements before applying for the scholarship.
- Create an account on the DOST scholarship website by logging in to dost scholarship.
- Complete the online application form by logging in using your DOST scholarship account and provide all the necessary information.
- Submit the required supporting documents, including transcripts, a certificate of good moral character, and a copy of your PSHS-NAT results.
- Wait for a response from the DOST after submitting your application form.
- Submit the necessary documents: The application process requires several supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, recommendation letters, and proof of residency.
- Qualify the exam: To be considered for the scholarship, all applicants must pass a qualifying exam that covers various subjects like mathematics, science, and English.
- Wait for the results: After completing the application process, applicants need to wait for the outcome of the scholarship selection process. The DOST will notify all applicants of their status via email.
The Advantages of Being a DOST Scholar
The DOST scholarship offers a range of benefits to its recipients, such as:
- Full coverage of tuition fees throughout the scholarship period
- Monthly stipend to support living expenses
- Allowance for purchasing learning materials
- Opportunities for summer training, research projects, and international exposure
- Preferential hiring by the DOST and its affiliated agencies after completing the program.
DOST Scholarship Contact Number
Department of Legislative Liaison Office (DLLO)837-2071 to 82 loc. 2046 / email@example.comNational Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines (NCBP)837-2071 to 82 local 2012 / 837-2930 / 837-2943 /firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the universities under DOST scholarship?
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) in the Philippines has the responsibility to accredit science high schools that provide advanced science education to students in the country. These educational institutions offer specialized programs that focus on science, mathematics, and technology, among other related subjects. The following are some of the science high schools accredited by DOST:
- Philippine Science High School (PSHS)
- Regional Science High Schools (RSHS)
- Manila Science High School (MSHS)
- Quezon City Science High School (QCSHS)
- Calabarzon Science High School (CASHS)
- Central Visayas State College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Technology – Science High School (CVSCAFT-SHS)
- Eastern Visayas State University – Integrated Laboratory School (EVSU-ILS)
- Western Visayas State University – Integrated Laboratory School (WVSU-ILS)
- Cagayan Valley Regional Science High School (CVRSHS)
- Davao City National High School – Special Program in Science and Mathematics (DCNHS-SPSM).