The application period for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/23, which are aimed at outstanding postgraduate students worldwide, is now open. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies and is based on three equally weighted selection criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
The Government of Canada established the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher education. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership abilities as well as a high level of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
The Government of Canada is the scholarship’s sponsor(s).
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities/institutions in Canada.
Scholarship worth/value: $50,000 per year for three years
Postgraduate level of education (doctoral)
How to Apply for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships [Fully Funded, $50,000 per year] 2022/2023
Applicants for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/23 should be aware that most scholarships require a nomination process. Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota (i.e., a set number of applications that can be submitted to the national competition) to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek nomination from the institution where they wish to study. Interested candidates should: Check out how to be nominated.
When can I apply for Vanier Scholarship?
- July – November 2022: Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare, and submit an application package.
- Internal Deadline (varies): Deadline for submitting application to nominating institution. Please contact the nominating institution for a specific date.
- The deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program is November 2, 2022 at 20:00 EST.
- Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated from November 2022 to March 2023.
- Results are expected to be announced in early April 2023. When the results are posted on ResearchNet, nominees will be notified via email.
- Payments start on May 1, 2023, September 1, 2023, or January 1, 2024.
Can international students apply for Vanier Scholarship?
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is intended to assist world-class students pursuing doctoral degrees at Canadian universities. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years. The program is open to both Canadian and international students.
What GPA is required for scholarships Canada?
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must maintain a CGPA of 2.67 in order to continue receiving scholarship payments. Graduate scholarship recipients, on the other hand, must maintain a 3.0 CGPA.
How much is the Vanier Scholarship worth?
It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is open to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.