Forté Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards that are recognized both within and outside of the business school community. Forté Fellows demonstrate exemplary leadership, come from diverse backgrounds, and are dedicated to advancing women in business, all of which align with Forté’s mission. To date, our partner business schools have awarded more than 13,000 Forté Fellows $334 million.
Benefits of Forte foundation scholarship
What can you expect from a Forté Fellowship? Aside from the financial advantages, you will gain immediate access to leading companies in the Forté network, as well as a network of Fellows that extends beyond your business school.
You will also benefit from being a part of the Forté community in the following ways:
- Participation in Forté’s MBA program MBA Financial Services and Women’s Leadership Conferences on the FAST Track
- Meet with CEOs and MBA students from Forté partner schools.
- Hear from corporate partners and MBA alumni on panel discussions.
- Participate in workshops that promote professional and personal development.
- Forté Fellows and Fellows alumni have access to an online networking community.
- Inclusion in the Forté Fellows resume book, which is distributed to Forté partner companies each fall.
- Invitations to Forté partner companies’ job openings and leadership programs.
- Lifetime access to Forté’s Women Lead live webinar series, which covers career, professional, and leadership development topics, as well as access to our on-demand recording library
- Mentoring and unique opportunities to meet other Fellows and Forté representatives at your school
- Opportunities for leadership development through your involvement in the planning of your school’s Forté outreach program for undergraduate women.
- Membership in the Forté Fellows LinkedIn and Facebook groups
Expectations from Forte foundation scholarship
Forté Fellows are expected to advance Forté’s mission on campus and participate in pipeline initiatives. The following are some examples of campus opportunities.
Your School Can Help the Forté Mission
- Membership and/or leadership in school clubs and societies dedicated to advancing women in business, such as Women in Business and/or Men as Allies clubs
- As a Forté MBA Ambassador, you will be a representative of Forté on your campus.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office to attract more female MBA students.
Participate in Forté Programs
- Take part in Forté’s undergraduate and MBA preparation initiatives.
- Reach out to female undergraduates on your campus (i.e. mentor program)
- Participate in undergraduate career fairs and host a Forté table on campus.
- Serve as an expert or advisor for Forté MBALaunch.
- Promote the Forté MBA Forums to your network, represent your school at local Forums, and/or volunteer with Forté to assist with event logistics.
- Serve as a representative for your summer internship company.
School Criteria for Forte foundation scholarship
While it is the responsibility of Forté partner schools to select and award Forté Fellowships, Forté requests that the following qualifications be considered as part of each school’s criteria:
- Exhibit exceptional leadership in one or more of the following areas: Academic leadership, team leadership, community leadership, and creative leadership are all examples of leadership.
- Represent a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, career objectives, ethnicities, citizenship/nationality, sexual orientation, and gender identities/expression.
- MBA student at a Forté partner school (full-time, part-time, executive programs, dual degree, or online programs)
- Demonstrate a commitment to Forté’s mission of launching women into meaningful careers by providing access to business education, opportunities, and a network of successful women.
- Individual schools may impose additional requirements (for example, alignment with the school’s mission or core values).